Friday, October 10, 2008

When we acted like responsible Citizens

This is an incident that took place few months back when me and Raghu are comming back to Gurgaon from Delhi after attending a friends party. Time was aroung 11 pm and we were on the Highway on my bike. Just before entering the gurgaon we saw few people gathering on the side lane road, after nearing that place we saw 3 people lying on the road with blood along with their bike. A woman standing in that group was saying that a car hit them and run away and that happenened just 20 minutes back. I am shocked to know that these 3 men were lying on the road for 20 minutes without any help. Few seconds i too felt hesitent to go near to them but then a thought came to my mind "What if these three persons are my friends who met with an accident and lying on the road then what would I expect from the genenal public. How i wish them to react". I too reacted in the same way . Even I do not know what I should do but still I took the initiative and moved forward towards those lying on the road. I checked their breathing and all the three where alive. I got water from the nearby place and poured it into their mouth. As they are unconsious they are not able to swallow the water , then someone from the group said to close their nose and pour the water, Some more people joined me to help me and I did the same soon those 3 people became consiuos. I tried to stop some of the vehicles to carry these people to the nearby hospital but none of them stopped their vechicle. More and More people gathered there and one of the person called the highway police and soon they arrived the spot and arranged some vehicles, we carried them into the vehicles and soon the vehicles left the place. Soon we too left the place with a great feeling that we acted with some responsibility. A great feeling which made us feel proud about ourselves.

1 comment:

NARASIMHULU.K said...

HOPE YOUR HELP WILL INSPIRE MANY PEOPLE IN THE WORLD..KEEP IT UP...